Elena S. Catap, Ph.D.
BIO 102 (Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy)
BIO 134 (Animal Histology)
Aquatic animal health, fish and shellfish pathology; Shrimp virology; Immunomodulation
(12) Catap ES, Kho MJL, Jimenez MRR. 2018. In vivo nonspecific immunomodulatory and antispasmodic effects of common purslane (Portulaca oleracea Linn.) leaf extracts in ICR mice. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 215: 191–198.
(11) Catap ES, Jimenez MRR and Tumbali MPB. 2015. Immunostimulatory and anti-oxidative properties of corn silk from Zea mays L. in Nile tilapia. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture 6(3):30-36.
(10) Guzman RM, Canoy RJ, Salvador DM and Catap ES. 2013. Biphasic inflammatory effects of Voacangaglobosaethanolic leaf extract in ICR mice. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 7(38): 2879-2884.
(9) Nudo LP and Catap ES. 2012. Anti-immunosuppressive effects of Chromolaena odorata (Lf.) King & Robinson (Asteraceae) leaf extract in cyclophosphamide-injected Bab/C mice. Philippine Journal of Science 141 (1): 35-43.
(8) Nudo LP and Catap ES. 2011. Immunostimulatory effects of Uncaria perrottetii (A. Rich.) Merr. (Rubiacea) vinebark aqueous extract in Balb/C mice. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 133:613-620.
(7) Jumawan J, Salunga TL, and Catap ES. 2010. Lipid peroxidation and patterns of cadmium and lead accumulation in the vital organs of the suckermouth armored catfish Pterygoplichthys Gill, 1858 from Marikina River, Philippines. Journal of Applied Science in Environmental Sanitation 5:375-390.
(6) Catap ES and Cruz-Lacierda ER. 2010. Histology as a tool in disease diagnosis. In: G.D. Lio-Po, C.R. Lavilla-Pitogo and Y. Inui (eds.). Health Management in Aquaculture (2nd ed.), Southeast Asian Fisheries Develoment Center, Aquaculture Department, Iloilo, Philippines pp. 187-197.
(5) Catap ES and Nudo LP. 2008. Susceptibility of primary cultured cells from the lymphoid organ of Penaeus monodon to monodon baculovirus (MBV) and white spot syndrome virus (WSSV). Philippine Agricultural Scientist 9(4):452-460.
(4) Catap ES and Kiryu I. 2006. Preliminary Screening of Cell Culture Supernatants Using Immunofluorescent Antibody Test to Detect Hepatopancreatic Parvovirus (HPV) in Penaeus monodon. Proceedings of the 5th Asia-Pacific Biotechnology Congress and 35th Annual Convention of the Philippine Society for Microbiology, Inc. pp. 334-340
(3) Catap ES and Traviña RD. 2005. Experimental transmission of hepatopancreatic parvovirus (HPV) infection in Penaeus monodon postlarvae. In: P. Walker, R. Lester and M.G. Bondad-Reantaso (eds.). Diseases in Asian Aquaculture V, Fish Health Section, Asian Fisheries Society, Manila pp. 415-420.
(2) Catap ES, Lavilla-Pitogo C, Maeno Y and Traviña R. 2003. Occurrence, histopathology and experimental transmission of hepatopancreatic parvovirus (HPV) infections in Penaeus monodon postlarvae. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms 57:11-17.
(1) Catap ES and Munday BL. 2002. Development of a method for reproducing epizootic ulcerative syndrome (EUS) using controlled doses of Aphanomyces invadans in species with different salinity requirements. Aquaculture 209: 35-47.