Carmela P. Española, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor 7
Biology 397 (Biodiversity Science)
Biology 160 (Fundamentals of Ecology)
Biology 161 (Field Biology)
Biology 117 (Vertebrate Zoology)
Biology 164 (Conservation Biology)
Biology 165 (Biogeography)
Biology 11 laboratory (Fundamentals of Biology 1)
Biology 1 (Contemporary Topics in Biology)
Conservation Ecology; Wildlife Biology; Ornithology; Avian Frugivore Ecology
Angeles, Ericka Jane
de Ramos, Justin
Gicaraya, Vince Angelo
Alcantara, Ana Gabrielle
Parr, Rhiana Angelita
Eugenio, Teofilo Jose III
- (7) Gonzalez, J.C., C.A. Layusa, L.E. Afuang, M.R. Duya, D. Balete, D.G. Tabaranza, C. Española, et al. 2018. Review and update of the 2004 National List of Threatened Terrestrial Fauna of the Philippines. Sylvatrop 28 (1): 73-144.
- (6) Española, CP, NJ Collar, NAD Mallari and SJ Marsden. 2016. Large avian frugivores in the Philippines show linear responses to improvements in forest quality. Forest Ecology and Management 375: 127-133.
(5) Yong DL, Liu Y, Low BW, Española CP, Choi C and Kawakami K. 2015. Migratory songbirds in the East Asian-Australasian Flyway: a review from a conservation perspective. Bird Conservation International 25: 1-37.
(4) Española CP, Collar N and Marsden S. 2013. Are populations of large-bodied avian frugivores on Luzon, Philippines facing imminent collapse? Animal Conservation 16(4): 467 – 479.
(3) Allen D, Española CP, Broad G, Oliveros C and Gonzalez JCT. 2006. New bird records for the Babuyan Islands, Philippines, including two first records for the Philippines. Forktail 22:57-70.
(2) Allen D, Española CP, Broad G, Oliveros C and Gonzalez JCT. 2004. A new species of Gallirallus from Calayan island, Philippines. Forktail 20:1-7.
(1) Oliveros C., Broad G, Española CP, Pedregosa M, Reyes MA, Garcia HJ, Gonzalez JC and Bajarias A Jr. 2004. An Avifaunal Survey of the Babuyan Islands, Northern Philippines with Notes on Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians 29 March – 6 June 2004: Final Report. Manila, Philippines.