The following documents are required for RLC applications and must be submitted in pdf to the IB’s Deputy Director for Research & Extension (DDRE) for review prior to submission to the College of Science:
- Fully accomplished and signed OVCRD application forms (UP Form 67-C & C1d)* obtained from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Development (OVCRD) website
- Signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) of the project
- Signed progress/final report (UP Form 67-C1d)* or publications
- Updated LIB (esp. re-aligned budget)
- Justification letter (if total RLC exceeds 6 units)
*Please sign all forms. No need for the director’s signature yet, as this will still be reviewed by the IB Research Committee.
All RLC applications must indicate the appropriate IB research agenda (Research area) per project. Faculty members who are project leaders (supervising at least 1 researcher) may apply for 3 units of RLC per project. Only projects with a MOA will be considered as a project for RLC purposes.
Faculty members may apply for a maximum of 3 units of RLC through Personally Funded Projects. New faculty members may apply for 3 units of RLC with ‘submission of a project proposal’ as target deliverables (see Implementing Rules and Regulations for Personally Funded Projects). All personally funded projects must include a project contract.
The deadline for RLC applications are usually due around the beginning of every academic semester.